Book Title: Navigating the Core Curriculum: RTI Strategies to Support Every Learner -how teachers can address learning variables in class to enrich learning for all
Publisher: Solution Tree
Author: Toby J. Karten
When educators plan instruction within an RTI framework, all K-12 learners can achieve core academic mastery across grades and disciplines. In this practical teachers' guide for responsive instructional interventions, the author identifies potential barriers to learning and establishes clear action plans for diminishing them. You'll deepen your understanding of the three tiers of RTI and gain access to example lesson plans tailored to diverse student skill sets. Learn to monitor student progress and provide responsive instructional interventions with instructional strategies and curriculum resources school staff can apply in their respective roles.
- Design multitiered lessons that address students' varying interests, motivations, and levels of understanding.
- Study classroom-tested quarterly and monthly planners that afford opportunities for repetition and enrichment.
- Examine how to best use evidence-based practice in K-12 classrooms to observe students' skills and challenge them in ways that maximize their learning.
- Consider why confidence, competence, and collaboration are vital classroom components for helping students gain core mastery.
- Discover the variables that impact students' learning and appropriate lesson-plan templates that have multiple entry points for cultivating core skills.
Chapter 1: Creating Tiered Interventions for Literacy and Mathematics
Chapter 2: Implementing Best Practices
Chapter 3: Offering Multiple Tiers of Interventions
Chapter 4: Minimizing and Maximizing Strategic Engagements for Rigorous Learning
Chapter 5: Approaching the Core Vocabulary
Chapter 6: Achieving the Core With Confidence, Competence, and Collaboration
Chapter 7: Ensuring Professional Fidelity
Chapter 8: Opening Doors for All Learners